Team Up with Blount County's No Kill Shelter Effort as a Volunteer!!!
Volunteers are the backbone of our organization. To accomplish all our goals of building a No Kill Shelter, Large Animal Rescue and Rehab and a Wildlife Rescue and Rehab we need EVERYONE to team up with us. We hope you decide to join the Humane Society "Pack"
- ALTERNATE ADOPTION EVENT COORDINATOR This volunteer position requires good leadership and planning skills. Coordinator must contact foster angels prior to adoption events to market their foster pet for adoption. Event set-up and break down assembly required. Meet and greet potential adopters when they arrive at the event. Provide support for the staff involved in the event including matching the volunteers, fosters, and handlers with specific animals, completing adoption paperwork, and providing general animal care information to the public. Good customer service skills a must.
- ADOPTION EVENT SUPPORT Have you ever seen one of our adoption events and wish you could wrangle the cute little faces attached to our sides? Give your time to help with set up, clean up, and assigned animals to talk about and let's get the fuzzy faces adopted together!!
- SPECIAL EVENT SUPPORT Did you see our Rags to Wags Fashion Show or come to Critter Fest to watch the loudest howler contest or K9 demonstration? If you have ever seen a BCHS sponsored event and wanted to be a part of it all, give your time to help with finding sponsors, distributing flyers to businesses to promote our events, gathering items from our current sponsors for raffles, or other specific assignments so we have a large community outreach and support!
- FUNDRAISING Is fundraising a piece of cake for you? Would you like to jumpstart fundraising programs that will help bring us donations? If this sounds appealing, or if you have fundraising/grant writing experience, we'd love to take advantage of your skills.
- RETAIL SUPPORT Do you have any retail or thrift store experience? We would love to have someone run the All Creatures Thrift Store on Saturdays. Pricing items, stocking the shelves, and general organizing of the store is needed. Ebay or Craigslist experience is welcomed!!
- FELINE CARETAKER This opportunity is for the dedicated few who are able to understand the importance of a clean environment for kitties currently in our care. The intake center and cat room houses many of our newly received animals, those under observation, and those awaiting their furever home, and needs to be cleaned daily to prevent diseases and germs from spreading. If you are up for it, definitely sign up today!
- DOG WALKER Dog Walkers do just that – They walk the dogs for exercise, provide enrichment using appropriate equipment and help teach the dogs basic obedience. At times you will also interact with members of the public to help them find their new best friend and clean up after the dogs, whether outside for a walk, or in their kennels.
For more info email BCHS at
To Volunteer at the All Creatures Thrift Store or Adoption Center call us at 865-233-3739.
Join the Bark-N-Purr Club... If you are a busy person who loves animals but doesn't have a lot of time to volunteer you can Join the Bark-N-Purr Club. (more details). The B-N-P Club is our monthly donation program and a great way to support our efforts to help animals.
Thank You for your HELP and LOVE of All Gods Creatures!